Thursday, March 7, 2013

Another Travel Blog


Conrad Maldives Rangali Island
If you're reading this you may be wondering - another travel blog?
I understand that there are an abundance of resources for burgeoning frequent flyers out there, and I'm adding to the masses.  My goal is to be a bit different.

When I started looking for help fueling my passion for travel, I referenced FlyerTalk and numerous blogs looking for resources and all delivered.  However, they were quite difficult to navigate and understand.  I eventually put it all together and was able to book a couple of amazing trips (details to come), and I am quite grateful for all that those others provided me.  However, there was a lot of frustration in getting started that I want to work to alleviate.

Here are my goals for this blog:

  • Provide updates from the travel world regarding means to make frequent travel inexpensive and enjoyable
  • Create a meaningful resource for those new to the community to begin to get their feet wet
  • Contribute assistance in booking trips (both award and otherwise) for those seeking assistance
  • Evaluate and explain available tools for the frequent traveler
  • Post trip reports and explain how you too can find these deals
  • Focus will be on the use of the SkyTeam alliance, because this is my main alliance.  I will try to incorporate information about other alliances as well. 
What I am trying to avoid:
  • Confusing terminology - In reading flyertalk posts, it is apparent that one of the contributors to people's frustration is terminology.  I will do my best to explain it whenever possible.
  • Credit card churning - This is something many of us do, but there are many other very well developed resources to learn about this.  I will talk about credit cards, but only in how they can enhance the travel experience.
  • Stealing deals available on other sites.  I simply don't like this.  If I find a deal, I will probably post it.  If someone else finds a deal, I will let them have the credit and provide readers with a link
All of that said, I am always open to suggestion on improvements to the blog.  Please let me know what you, the reader, are looking for to get started.

Cheers,
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment